CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Trick or Treat!

Well, I've been feeling a bit left out of the blogging world since I have yet to add my own Halloween pictures. So in an effort to keep up with my fellow olympic-style bloggers, here's a little glimps of what Halloween held in store for our family this year...

Here's a pic from the first Halloween party I attended. My costume wasn't quite available so I ended up pulling stuff from my (and Stacie's) closets to come up with this...only to learn that my friend Emily also picked to dress the same way. Ha!

This year we decided to go with a theme. Milo picked to be a dragon once he saw the costume and after showing Mason, he had the idea to be a knight to match. What a clever kid! So after figuring we have the trusty steed (Duke of course) I figured the only thing left was the princess. Mason and Milo were so excited about our theme they would give anyone and everyone the rundown of what our whole family was going to be.

And this would be Halloween party #2, and my favorite costumes of the night! In case you can't tell, this is Heather and Jordan - both sporting the most awesome wigs ever.
Now we turn to party #3. Here's one of the games we played, bobbing for apples.


After the kids took turns, we added some extra water and ice - and a new rule: No stems. But in case you didn't know, I don't like to lose...so princess or not, I was getting an apple.

And of course the night was filled with some trick-or-treating, which the boys have been endulging in every chance they get (and sharing a little with me too).

8 comments:

CoLiE-O said...

i love the little guys' costumes!
and way to go on bobbin for apples- i didnt know they did that anymore:)

Kaybee said...

Fun to see all the pics! Love the theme, very clever of the boys.

Kristina P. said...

Amanda was telling me all about your princess costumes!

And is that someone else trying to steal our Dog and Beth thunder? ;)

Amander said...

You totally rocked that old prom dress. I don't know why you didn't dress as a princess for your first party? ;)

I love the picture of you bobbing for apples! So you.

emily said...

amanda, i don't know why i don't just dress as a princess all the time!

Grant and Emily said...

Em- It was fun to have you and Stacy at our Halloween party. It was a ton of fun! It was great that we were both dressed up as the same thing. I guess I should have been a little more creative w/ the 80's rocker huh? Also, your princess costume for Halloween was so cute to go along w/ your boys costumes.

RobHeidi Family said...

I love it! I would totally go for the apple like you did! You should have seen me on my wedding day...cake all over my face, even in my mascara! You are a girl after my own heart!

Anonymous said...

OH MY! That is just way too cute! Little Mason and Milo's costumes, absolutely loving it.