CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

We love you Erik!




Erik Mason Rudy, after a strong battle with leukemia, passed away peacefully at his home in American Fork on June 10, 2008. Erik was born on June 21, 1979 in North Richland Hills, Texas to his parents Frank & Missie Rudy. He lived in Keller Texas until high school graduation. From there he moved to Idaho to attend Ricks College. After serving an LDS Mission to Juan Pessoa, Brazil he moved to Provo, Utah where he met the love of his life, Emily Toy. They were married on January 19, 2002 and sealed together for eternity on February 22, 2003 in the Bountiful Temple. He graduated from Brigham Young University in 2004 with a degree from the Communication department - with an emphasis in business management. Soon after graduation he formed his own auto sales business. In his business he always looked more to providing people with what they wanted instead of just selling them a car. His regards to others feelings was one of his greatest traits. He was always genuinely interested in not only a person’s life, but their loves, hopes and dreams. In his own life his greatest love was his wife and children, Mason Dax & Milo Parks. He was a very thoughtful husband and father. The well being of his family was always his first priority. He is survived by his wife and two sons, his father and mother, sister Heather Erickson, his grandmother Carol “Oma” Mason, and many wonderful family and friends. He loved and often reminisced about all his nurses, PA’s and doctors at both Utah Valley and LDS Hospitals. We thank you for all you did; you gave us added time and incredible memories with him. Friends may call Friday evening at the American Fork West Stake Center, 500 North 700 West, American Fork, Utah from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Funeral services will be held Saturday, June 14, 2008 at 11:00 a.m. at the same location. An additional viewing will be held one hour prior to services. Interment will be in the American Fork City Cemetery. Condolences may be sent to the family at http://www.serenicare.com/. Donations can be made at Mountain America Credit Union to the Rudy Family Donation Account to benefit his wife and children.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Emily, Mason, Milo, Aunt Missie, and Uncle Frank,

Erik will be missed by everyone. We loved and adored him. He amazed us all with his courage and strength. I am blessed to have had such a loving and caring cousin. Erik was so calm and just really seemed to love life with so many hopes and dreams! He was such a sweetie pie! He will never be forgotten. Our love is with you always.
In sympathy,
Lindsey

Anonymous said...

I already miss him so much. I will cherish all the time we spent together as kids. What a sweetheart he was! I love you guys so much and will see you all this weekend.

Love always,

Paige(and Sophie too)

Heather & Matt Fisher said...

This a beautiful tribute. I am so sorry for your loss. I am so happy he is free from this disease that kept him bound in this life. I know he misses you. We are here if you need anything. love you!

Requel said...

Thank you for posting this Emily. Erik will be greatly missed. He was a wonderful man. You were so lucky to have him as long as you did. Now you have a permanent guardian angel always looking after you. God bless you and your little boys.

RobHeidi Family said...

We are so disappointed to miss
Erik's viewing and funeral. We have really appreciated the many posts and comments on this blog and others too. We are so fond of your family. The obituary was so well written. Our thoughts are there in Utah with you.
Love
Heidi and Robert Casale

CoLiE-O said...

emily,
you may not remember me but we went to high school together. i am so overwhelmed with emotion as i read your bolg. i am so very sorry to hear the news. in the few posts i read, i can feel the love you two shared and the love he had for his family. you are an amazingly strong woman and i honor you for that. your family will be in our prayers.
nicole humphrey furness

Anonymous said...

Emily, Mason and Milo,
I feel so blessed to have had Erik and you as friends. He had a special way of always making me feel good about myself. I will miss him so much.
Love,
Melissa Huebner

bstoutfamily said...

What a beautiful tribute to Erik's life! We wish we could be there today, but know that we are thinking of him and are praying for you and your sweet boys!
Love, Jen and Breton

Anonymous said...

Emily I just wanted to tell you what a neat funeral Erik had. It must have been hard to get up there and speak. I know I couldn't have done it. I admire you for it. I went to the cemetary before I hit the rode back to St. George. That is so neat how close Erik and Ryan are buried. I love American Fork Cemetary. Maybe when I get home we can start going on walks there, or something. We have a notebook at Ryan's headstone that we put in a couple of ziploc bags so that people can write messages to Ryan when they are there. I know it's a little silly but It helps to kind or write out what you want to say to him. I love to go and read all the comments people leave. I would reccomend it to you. It's nice to have something to do at the cemetary. I hope you do O.K. I know you will not feel alone.

Unknown said...

I love you Elder Rudy…You were the best missionary ever!

Many times we had lunch together in my house in Brazil…My family loves you!

Thank you for showing us the gospel and for making me an active member of the Church…It is hard to say goodbye but, because of you I know for sure that we’ll meet again!

Te amo meu amigo!!!

Unknown said...

I love you Elder Rudy…You were the best missionary ever!

Many times we had lunch together in my house in Brazil…My family loves you!

Thank you for showing us the gospel and for making me an active member of the Church…It is hard to say goodbye but, because of you I know for sure that we’ll meet again!

Te amo meu amigo!!!