CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 7, 2008

my hot date

So I was asked out on a date for tonight. The plan started out as dinner at Tepanyaki and a movie. Well, the movie my date wanted to see (Space Chimps) was not playing anywhere so we had to come up with a Plan B. My date suggested we go to the mall.


"Why the mall?" I asked.
"Because there's an arcade there," he replied.
"But there is no where to eat there," I said.
"Yes there is, there's that Wendy's place - or whatever it's called. We can just eat there."

So I came up with a Plan C. Lovely Boondocks. A little classier than the mall arcade and "Wendy's" (although I think he was referring to Chik-fil-a) - but not much. Although I do think I saw a few other daters there. So we had pizza for dinner, played a couple rounds of miniature golf, drove the bumper boats and of course - played the arcade games. And I must say, although I seemed to have a slow streak, my date was having a very lucky night - raking in exactly 1000 tickets by the end. We tried to take some cheesy (although I admit I love them) photo booth pictures but the machine wasn't working. So here is the one shot I got of our date.

I think he's pretty handsome anyway. And he opened doors for me, held my hand - and I even got a good night kiss! Now I just need to work on getting him to pay.

8 comments:

Andrea said...

Your date is pretty cute! That sounds like a fun time. Mason is such a sweet boy! How cute was that.

Kaybee said...

I think your a pretty lucky lady!

HENDERSONYAN, INC. said...

I think this post gets an award for being the funniest and cutest post ever!!! I was laughing so hard. You are very creative, Emily. Great post!

Nikki (Have Joy) said...

haha! Aww...I loved this post! You mean to tell me your 6 year old doesn't have a job?! What a lazy kid. :)

By the way, I replied to your comment on my blog about commitment issues...

Kris, Holly, Kait, and Jack said...

What a handsome date, and sweet boy he is!!! I agree you are a very lucky lady.

www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com said...

Very funny.

Kim Swallow, J.D. said...

Emily, I love your sense of humor. Thanks for writing such a sweet and creative post. It made me smile today! Hope to run into you more now that school is starting.

Amy Lynn said...

This made me laugh so hard...I knew there was a maturity issue here when you said he wanted to see Space Chimps! What a great post...and spectacular date!